Saturday, May 29, 2010

Trust.


Putting our complete trust in God is often a very difficult thing. It is much easier said than done. We are told to trust in the Lord with all our hearts, but when it comes down to it, are we really able to trust Him completely? For a long time I struggled with this. I wanted to trust God with my life, but I would pick and choose which parts He could have. The one area I was struggling to give to God was my dating relationships. I wanted to do that part my way, not Gods.

We may pray for Mr. Right to come our way, but are we willing to first give our hearts 100% to the one who loves us far more than any man ever will? Have we laid down the desire to be loved by a man, at the feet of Jesus who sees more beauty in us than one would see in a field full of blooming daisies?

For many of us, God is just waiting to be first in our lives. This carries on even after we have found our Mr. Right.

I have been married to my best friend Marcos for almost three years now. Together we have a baby boy named Boston, who is 6 months old. Thankfully, God's hand was in control of all of this.

Life may not always go my way, and life is full of uncertainties, but I have a constant in my life that will never change... and that is the love and security of Jesus Christ.

Four years ago, God was doing some major stirring in my heart. I was in a relationship with a great guy, but I was not growing spiritually in the Lord. I was doing what so many young women do; I was putting this guy before Jesus. I found my comfort and security in this guy, and Jesus was jealous for me.

When I finally gave up chasing a feeling that just wasn’t there, I gave myself to Jesus. Completely. He was waiting for the chance to love me, fill me, and romance me in a way that no man on earth ever could. He was waiting to be my redeemer, my lover, my refuge. When I began to experience Jesus overtaking my heart, I also learned that He wanted to take away the boyfriend I had in my life. This was hard to hear, but I obeyed. I broke up with him, and it was probably one of the hardest things I have ever done. I knew in my heart though, that he was not the person God wanted me to spend the rest of my life with.

To this day, I have never regretted that decision to listen to the Lord. Even though I could not understand at the time what God was doing, I knew that if I was walking with Him, I could not go down the wrong path. I am still amazed at the strength and peace God gave me to get through this difficult situation.

I began to read God’s love letter to me (the Bible) and I began to feel beautiful and loved in a way that no man, not even my future husband could make me feel. I began to serve Him and make him my everything.

Not long after, God showed me who my future husband was going to be; someone I least expected...a simple, humble man who loves to serve the Lord. He doesn’t have a lot of money or drive a fancy car... he doesn’t have the biggest muscles or a foreign accent, (although he does kinda look Italian ;) but he does respect me. He cared about my purity before marriage. He cares about honoring me before the Lord. He knows my beauty is not just what shines on the outside, but what is hidden deep within my heart. He encourages me everyday to grow in the Lord. He works hard to provide for his family, and he is faithful to those he loves. He is also my best friend in the entire world. God certainly knew what He was doing when He brought the two of us together.

My husband is not perfect, but neither am I, which is why it is necessary for God to be number one in both of our lives.

We are two sinners saved by grace, living everyday to make ourselves, and others, more like Christ.

Be patient sister. Give your heart to Jesus before you give it to that next guy. Seek Him first and watch him change your world in amazing ways. Be obedient, even if that means going against the grain of what society tells us is ‘love’.

A BOY will tell you what you want to hear, have sex with you, and leave your dream of marriage lingering in the wind.

A MAN will tell you even what you don’t want to hear, marry you, keep you pure in the eyes of the Lord, and make love to you the way God designed it.

(Hebrews 11:6) "Without faith it is impossible to be well pleasing to him, for he who comes to God must believe that he exists, and that he is a rewarder of those who seek Him."

No comments:

Post a Comment