Sunday, May 2, 2010

Commitment.



I’ve always been told that commitment is one thing you can’t fake. When you say that you will be there, you will or you won’t... if you say your a Christ follower...you are or you aren’t.

This past four months of my life have truly tested just how committed I am to many things. I was confronted with two main things that I could choose to lose or gain from. I knew going into grad school that it would be rough but I had never imagined the amount of work that would be needed to succeed. Undergrad seemed to be somewhat of a breeze because little effort was put into getting the grades I wanted. Now it’s a completely different story and I was forced to either give up a lot to hopefully be able to succeed.

Not putting in the effort in the beginning really hurt my grades ... I was distraught not understanding what it was that I was doing wrong or why the material wasn’t clicking. I eventually hit a point after mid-terms where I faced a wall way to big for me to climb alone. I broke out into panic and started to question whether or not I was doing this for myself or if it really was something I was doing for God to better his kingdom.

Of course, I thought that the best idea was to turn to the people that I cling to in this world...my mom, friends, mentors, sister ... etc but what I forgot to do was rely on the only person that could be there for me in EVERY possible way.

"... those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace." Romans 8:1-7

Luckily those great people I turned to directed me straight to God’s word and gave me verses that provided more strength and reassurance than any individual on this earth could offer.

“Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus” Philippians 4:6-7


"Consider pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.” James 1:2-3

Although we will all face trials in our lives that will cause us to really evaluate just how committed we are to Christ and it’s in those times when God will grant us the peace which will exceed our expectations.

I cannot tell you how I could have gone another day let alone the rest of the quarter without the help of him because I know within myself that it couldn’t have been possible with only my strength.

How committed are you? When you face trials in your life who do you turn to? God wants us to run to him to find comfort and reassurance.

God provided for me when I needed it the most and it was in Him that I found my strength and had GUTS!

1 comment:

  1. My dad was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's disease at 57.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who needs help.

    ReplyDelete