Sunday, January 24, 2010

Hope.



I am a woman torn…my heart has been broken and shattered in so many ways. I have been rejected by everyone that is left in my life at one point or another. And to top it all off I know that there are missing pieces to my past that the Lord is slowly preparing me to deal with.

Not a day goes by that I don’t hurt or fear what will come of my life, or where I will be in the future. I live in fear of losing more of the people that I love. My heart has become so hard that I am scared it could never return to a sensitive “soft” state.

I have learned to fight. I have learned to defend myself. I hate it, but I feel like I need it to survive. I don’t want to constantly be on the defense. I don’t want to push everything and everyone away. But I don’t know any other way. It’s true, I am self-destructive.

I am so scared that God will reject me. It is a result of the “father wound”. I am also scared that God will just somehow no longer be here…and not just here with me, but in existence; like maybe he will just disappear or “die”. This is a result of the loss of my mother.

My husband once told me that it is like I am covering my ears, closing my eyes, kicking and fighting but at the same time I am screaming for help. He was using it as an illustration that I will not let anyone close enough to get in to help me but at the same time I am begging for it.

I have also realized that I often times find myself looking for Jesus, but I am face down in the dark. Hence, I won’t open my eyes or allow myself to turn on the light (open my heart) to see Him. What kind of sense does that make?I am completely irrational. I am so scared that I will be hurt again, that I will not allow anyone in. This is exactly like my wise friend told me…self-destructive. This is me. How will I ever learn to deal? How will I ever make it through this storm?

If I cannot submit myself to Jesus and lean on Him instead of my own understanding I will never make it out alive. If I cannot believe that my God, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is an everlasting God, how can I achieve the faith I need to live eternally? How can I know that in the worst of conditions, Emmanuel, God is with us?

The hard truth is…I can’t. I have to conjure up enough faith to stand fast and press on from moment to moment while He works that into my messed up heart and being. I have no control… and that scares me to death. But thankfully for every weak moment I have, God has given me a blessing, and a tiny grasp of faith to hold onto. And in this moment my hope endures.

1 comment:

  1. My dad was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's disease at 57.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who needs help.

    ReplyDelete